- Michael Xu
- Issue Time
What are the advantages of using frequency conversion speed regulation for screw air compressors?
Hello, the main benefits are as follows:
1. Stable air pressure: Because the variable-frequency screw air compressor uses the stepless speed regulation characteristics of the inverter, the pressure can be adjusted quickly through the controller or the PID regulator inside the inverter; it is better than the power frequency operation. Compared with the lower limit switch control, the air pressure stability is improved exponentially;
2. More energy-saving: Although the screw air compressors of various manufacturers adopt different energy-saving operation modes, since the inverter adjusts the motor speed in real time according to the actual air consumption, the air compressor can be automatically sleep when the air consumption is low. This greatly reduces energy loss. It should be noted that the different system control methods have a great impact on the energy-saving effect.
3. Start without impact: Since the inverter itself is a soft start device, the maximum start current is about twice the rated current. Compared with the power frequency start at more than 6 times the rated current, the start impact is small. This impact is not only on the power grid, but also on the actual mechanical system, which is greatly reduced.
4. Low noise, because the operating frequency is lower than the power frequency during stable operation, the mechanical noise is reduced, and the mechanical wear is small;
5. The requirement for the capacity of the gas storage tank is small;